Airport Fire Officer
Set your career alight!
You will play an important role in providing a safe operational environment for all aircraft using Invercargill Airport. This includes delivering a swift and effective emergency response to an aviation incident or exercise, controlling wildlife on the aerodrome, and runway and grounds maintenance across the entire Airport.
As the first point of call in an emergency you will be able to adapt and maintain composure during the situation. You will currently have and maintain a high level of fitness and have to be comfortable working in confined spaces.
Your mechanical aptitude will be put to the test by a variety of tasks such as managing our Fire Appliances and servicing a wide array of equipment. You will be passionate about our Airport and strive to provide a first-class environment to our guests.
Working as part of a small team, you will enjoy working with others, but will be equally happy working alone to get the job done. You will have a strong focus on health and safety and will be proactive in risk and hazard management. Due to the wide variation in day to day tasks, a trade or maintenance background would put you in a strong position- though is not essential.
On top of all this, you will:
- currently hold a full class 1 driver’s license,
- currently hold, or the ability to attain class 2 Drivers Licence,
- the ability to pass the required medical and physical fitness tests as deemed by CAA guidelines,
- the ability to pass a CAA Security Check,
- the ability to hold a firearms licence,
- the flexibility to work rostered shifts, including weekends and public holidays,
- above average written and oral communication skills.
In return, we will invest in you by providing all the necessary training to achieve competency as an Airport Rescue Fire Officer. You do not need a prior history in Firefighting, we can teach you everything you need to know from Recruit stage through to advanced training over a period of time in the role.